Some useful tips to keep your apartment cool on hot summer days:
1) Try a heat snorkeling system.
2) Open the windows at night and close them during the day.
3) Use a combination of fans to create good air circulation.
4) Make a do-it-yourself air conditioner.
5) Turn off all heat sources and BBQ or eat cold Foods.
6) Incandescent light bulbs also give off heat.
7) Switch to compact fluorescents or LEDs.
8) Avoid steam.
9) Don’t take a hot shower, wash dishes, wash clothes or cook until after dark.
10) Put smooth white fabrics over anything in your house that is fuzzy.
See more useful ways at: http://mainst.biz/blog/7-ways-to-keep-your-apartment-cool-on-hot-summer-days/.